James 1:5 If you need wisdom, ask our generous God, and he will give it to you. He will not rebuke you for asking.
There was a young man once long ago, who grew up in a wealthy household. He had all the luxuries of wealth. He also grew up in the fear and knowledge of the Lord. He was not ensnared by many of the trappings of wealth as he was taught from a very young age, the virtues of God.
As the young man grew, he finally replaced his father David on the throne of the family kingdom. Because he was taught well, and knew the God of His father David, he began to talk to God often as a new king. The Lord loved his heart and his communication and wanted to bless him with any desire of his choosing.
This new king could have asked for endless wealth, or long life, but instead asked for wisdom. He asked the Lord for help in ruling the people with godly wisdom and understanding. As I look at myself and other leaders around the globe who are stewarding resources and our very lives for Father God, the great question is;
Are we asking the Father for the right and most proper thing a leader can lead with, His wisdom?
The reality is, how can we not ask of this if we truly want to be ambassadors and lead well for the glory of God? Leading without His wisdom, His understanding is absolutely fruitless.
We face many choices daily. When we choose with His leading, His wisdom and understanding, it goes well with us. When we are lacking in His wisdom and discernment, it often is disastrous. Disastrous because lives are being led in a wrongful focus or direction; Disastrous because Fathers provision and resources that are meant to build His Kingdom church, are being squandered in self-glorifying ways; Disastrous because those who do not know the Father are watching the foolish lead in ways that do not promote the King or His Kingdom justly.
Here are some directives we must WILLINGLY Pursue if we want His Wisdom activated in our lives…
• Value Wisdom beyond perceived needs and wants
• Allow His ways and wisdom to overwhelm our ways and mans wisdom
• Learn from our mistakes, stop it, just stop it, from making the same mistakes.
• Learn ways to impart wisdom to others
• Check your own heart first for wisdom before the hearts of others
• Build relationships with those who operate in wisdom
• Meditate on the word of guard regarding wisdom He has for you through His Spirit, and ask the Father to remove barriers to operating in His wisdom for your life.
Some Things to Remember
• Surely you desire truth in the inner parts ; you teach me wisdom in the inmost place. ----Psalm 51:6
• God gave Solomon wisdom and very great insight, and a breadth of understanding as measureless as the sand on the seashore. ----1Kings 4:29
• Joyful is the person who finds wisdom, the one who gains understanding. For wisdom is more profitable than silver, and her wages are better than gold. Wisdom is more precious than rubies; nothing you desire can compare with her. She offers you long life in her right hand, and riches and honor in her left. She will guide you down delightful paths; all her ways are satisfying. Wisdom is a tree of life to those who embrace her; happy are those who hold her tightly.----Proverbs 3:13-18
• The reverent fear and worship of the Lord is the beginning of [Wisdom and skill], [the preceding and the first essential, the prerequisite and the alphabet]; a good understanding, wisdom, and meaning have all those who do [the will of their Lord]. Their praise of Him endures forever. ----Psalm 111:10
• Teach us to realize the brevity of life, so that we may grow in wisdom. ----Psalm 90:12
• The life-giving Spirit of God will hover over him, the Spirit that brings wisdom and understanding, The Spirit that gives direction and builds strength, the Spirit that instills knowledge and Fear-of-God. Fear-of-God will be all his joy and delight. He won't judge by appearances, won't decide on the basis of hearsay. He'll judge the needy by what is right, render decisions on earth's poor with justice. His words will bring everyone to awed attention. A mere breath from his lips will topple the wicked. Each morning he'll pull on sturdy work clothes and boots, and build righteousness and faithfulness in the land. ----Isaiah 11:2-5